Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jihad on Double Stuff Oreo's

First things first...Update on Gramma: She's doing wonderfully! She broke her femur just below the joint that goes into the hip socket. They replaced that with a brand spankin' shiny new joint. She's been moved into the rehab unit of the hospital, and they are doing intensive therapy on her 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. She'll be there for a couple of weeks then moved into a nursing home for further therapy. Can you say WHEW? I'm so relieved.

Now on to more amusing things....

We're having our 2nd major ice storm of the new year and yet again I'm SOOOOOO lucky to have my kids home with me. Well all of them but my 5 yr old who's spending the remainder of this week and part of the weekend with her godparents.

After doing morning chores my son Ty, who is 14 and I'm convinced is hollow at this point, comes in "I'm hungry". Hmphf, big surprise there. He knew I'd went to the grocery store yesterday, so food is not lacking in this house at the moment. He promptly went to the counter and found my MY double stuffed Oreo's and cracked the package open. Well that's ok, it was one of those things where I was PMSing and bought them then had a salt craving...they've been sitting in my truck for upwards of 2-3 weeks now. Upon hearing the package crinkle my 12 yr old daughter, Destiny, hollers "What's that noise?!?" and had to come in the kitchen to investigate. Katie at that point, the resident 16 yr old daughter, "What's going on over there?"(She's kinda oblivious to things sometimes...go figure) and then she proceeds to the counter as well. Gary, my Dh's 27 yr old son, looks at me, looks at them, then meanders over that way.

Ok so now I have 4 kids clustered around my counter, attacking the package of Double Stuffed Oreo's. Looked like buzzards flocked into my kitchen on a carcass. No way was I going over there to break it up. I'd loose an arm or something.

So that got me to thinking...and bear with me, my mind works weird ok. Jihad, hmmm.... I know Jihad means:
1. Islam. An individual's striving for spiritual self-perfection.
2. Islam. A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels.
3. A crusade or struggle: “The war against smoking is turning into a jihad against people who smoke” (Fortune).


-definition thanks to http://www.answers.com/topic/jihad

My first thought was "Holy mother of Mary...what did did the Oreo's do to deserve that?!?"

My second thought looking at the mangled package lying on the counter....hmmmm if we could get Al Qaeda members (particularly Bin Laden) addicted to Oreo's, I could send our kids out and viola'.....he'd be an easy target then. All they'd have to look for is the mangled remains of a package of Double Stuffed Oreo's and a dazed and confused old guy with a 3 ft beard lying in the mountains or desert. Easy pickin's for them then.

Third thought and the one I voiced "Kids, get in here and clean up this damned mess you made!"

No comments: